Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

He has been to the future, why pray?

I was assigned to prepare the 2012 Prayer Booklet for Thailand. The feeling of greatness would want to overcome me and say "not everyone is given that chance..." but then I realized that it is a great work. And I think no human, again "no human" is able to perform such a task. I see the task so great and I believe only with God's help will I be able to do such a task. So I get back on God and told Him what's on my mind.

"Lord, You have been in the future and You know very well what will happen tomorrow and in the next week, next month and next year. I am disturbed by the idea of having a prayer booklet since its seemingly useless since You can do whatever You want to do."

He is so gracious to present me with His truth. He brought me to the story of Bartimaeus at Mark 10:46-52:

46 Then they came to Jericho. As Jesus and his disciples, together with a large crowd, were leaving the city, a blind man, Bartimaeus (which means “son of Timaeus”), was sitting by the roadside begging. 47 When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
 48 Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David, have mercy on me!”
 49 Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”
   So they called to the blind man, “Cheer up! On your feet! He’s calling you.” 50 Throwing his cloak aside, he jumped to his feet and came to Jesus.
   51 “What do you want me to do for you?” Jesus asked him.
   The blind man said, “Rabbi, I want to see.”
   52 “Go,” said Jesus, “your faith has healed you.” Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.


First, Bartimaeus was healed, he received his sight. But isn't it he one who called on Jesus. He shouted all the more even if people around him is telling him to stop. He was not just instructed but commanded by people to stop calling the Master. But He insisted, then he received his healing.

Wow. God is really gracious to all of us. especially to us who doesn't have the patience to do His will that we end up doing things the hard way not because God designed it like that but because we choose to be silent and missed the privilege of receiving His answer through prayer.

How many times have you missed Gods will for you? Perhaps, just like me, you have the nerve to ask God 'whats the need?' If you insist that there is no need to pray, I suggest you read the passage again. And if you are so sure that you dont need answers to prayers well I can tell you of how many experiences that I have failed and its all because I choose not to pray.

Bartimaues prayed. Unceasingly he cried out to Jesus even to point of public humiliation. But he didn't give up. he didn't stopped because he knows Jesus has the miracle for him.

What miracle do you need? He listens and he surely is excited to hear from you and grant you your hearts desire.
free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment