Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanks to you!

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to all who take time to read this blog. I know that somehow you have been aware that my journey is taking sometime to be updated since we have started our exposure trip out of the country.

We have just visited Cambodia with a handful of future workers in the field. We have been blessed by our host who happened to be the head of the orphanage where we stayed. Our experiences both personal and corporate somehow opens our sight to the real work waiting for us.

We visited S21, haunted buildings where it used to be the center of education in Phenom-Pen but later on converted to be the center of torture and eventual death to who ever the authorities desire to laid to rest. I never visited all the rooms, I had enough with the first building where the smell and feeling of being tortured lingers. I could not stand the pictures that were taken and hanged on its walls to show the gruesome death of people who doesn't know of any sin they have committed. Even while writing this blog, my veins were so bursting with red hot blood angered and shouting for justice for those 2 million innocent victims of the out of this world genocide.

I am a Filipino and am very proud of it. But the visit to that place send some burning coal inside of me. I cannot stand the rushing of blood through my veins wanting justice for everyone who suffered death on that event. I cannot recognize whether I am angry or angrier or the worst angriest. I cannot contain the feeling which I believe is incomparable especially with those who lost a loved one in that tragic event. Some of my classmates are encouraging me to go and see some of the pictures that were posted on the two other buildings I haven't visited, I refused, for I don't know how to hold back the tears that would easy flow whenever I see anything associated with the said event.

The second building, which was the last one I entered presented everyone with pictures of those who will undergo torture. I was so shocked to find a large picture where a mom is supposedly holding a baby on her hand. I asked the guide who was presenting before visitors of the information about the place, I asked if what happened with the baby, "also dead" was her plain answer. I want to cry out loud and pour out my heart and I want to rally everyone to make vengeance with those who made this evil among the people. Pain, anger, and a sense of being helpless for I believe I cant insists on what I feel. They shared some more stories which I opted not to tell for it only sends all my energy and angst towards something I hope I have known and done earlier.

I am in this state when someone offered me a dragon fruit. One which on the outside is seemingly so strong but when tasted, reveals its secret of sweetness. Food in Cambodia is cheap. One can spend less than fifty pesos with food and drinks and is surely satisfied. I will present their foods on my next article, soon.    

free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment